Thursday, November 1, 2012

Resurrecting my Plague Marines III: Army Lists




I'll tell you what; building armies with this new codex is a refreshing change - there are plenty of options! Here is something I am confident I would love to play.

Horde of Typhus (2000ish points)

Typhus
Chaos Sorcerer - Mark of Nurgle
8 Plague Marines - 2 melta, combi-melta, power fist
5-7 Plague Marines - 2 plasma
Rhino - havok launcher
5-7 Plague Marines - 2 plasma
Rhino - havok launcher
20-30 Plague Zombies
20-30 Plague Zombies
Hellbrute - auto cannon, heavy flamer
Land Raider - dozen blade
Vindicator- daemonic possession
3 Obliterators - Mark of Nurgle

Typhus unlocks Plague Zombies and upgrades Plague Marines to troops. He sits at the very heart of this army. Also he has an awesome AP 2 large blast attack in close combat, and rocks a bunch of cool psychic powers I'm sure.

Of course to fully utilize this powerhouse of death I need I get him into close combat, and nothing says "close combat delivery system" like a Land Raider. The Chaos Land Raider is the awesome because it had a dozen blade so rarely immobilises itself. It's either the Raider, or buy another box of terminators to serve as Ty's bodyguard.

The rest of the army is just the stuff that I already own. I should make another Obliterator though; that is lots of fun. These models were bought during 5th edition, but my general impression of 6th edition is that any well thought out army can do well. I'm especially intrigued by the Vindicator, given the improvements to blast weapons vs vehicles, and the decrease in melta.

I'm sure I'm missing a few upgrades etc. as I don't have the codex yet. I know dirge casters are cool, and I think there is something that makes the havok launcher better?

Shopping List

So what do I need to purchase to make this force a reality? And in fact to get my 6th edition career off the ground? 

40-50 preloved Zombies - $70
1 preloved Land Raider - $50
1 mini rulebook - $40
1 CSM codex - $70
Transport Foam - $40
Total - $260      (Note: all prices in Australian dollars)

Ouch and meh. Jeez this game is expensive even when you are as cheap arsed as I am. Also the above assumes that I scratch build Typhus. Otherwise, I'll need to find another $35.

Update: Managed to build only 16 Zombies with a strong lack of right arms. And bought a mini rulebook off WargamerAU for $25... On my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter a comment